Vertical window awnings - exceptional window cover
The word "awnings" in connection with window covering is usually associated with terrace awnings, whose material, placed on a special frame, develops over a balcony or terrace to create a shaded space. This is a great solution ... for hot and summer days.
Vertical window awnings they are, however, a completely different type of shield; above all, unlike terrace awnings, they are not covers that can only be used in the summer season. We use the advantages of vertical awnings throughout the year.
Vertical window awnings belong to the group of external covers and are mounted to the window or to the external niche. They can be used with windows made of PVC, aluminum or wood. Installation of vertical awnings is particularly important for large glazing, which is so fashionable in architecture today. In residential homes, public buildings and company headquarters, large windows or entire glass walls are increasingly appearing. This creates a very nice exterior picture of the building and brightens the interior very well, making it full of light and space even if it is not really big. However, large windows also have disadvantages, especially in the summer gets the most heat through them, and in the winter most escapes. Vertical window awnings help prevent this.
Advantages of vertical window awnings
In order to fully recognize the advantages of vertical window awnings, they can be divided into groups.
- Protection against heating. External shields most effectively prevent heating of rooms because they are placed in front of the glass. In this way, they do not allow sunlight to come into contact with the glass surface of the window, and thus limit the heat flow by creating an effective barrier for it. Without them, a building with large glazing would resemble an aquarium, and the temperature inside would be unbearable. This advantage is all the more important because nowadays high temperatures occur not only in summer, but more often they also occur in spring and autumn.
- Protection against heat loss. During colder months, a lowered vertical awning can effectively help keep heat inside (it reduces the permeability to 16%).
- Economic. Because vertical awnings have the ability to effectively protect interiors against summer heat will help reduce expenses associated with room air conditioning. In winter, however, by preventing heat loss, they reduce heating costs.
- Natural light. A lowered vertical awning does not cut off the supply of natural light, it only diffuses it. At home or at work, you can use natural light, but without the unpleasant effect of the sun.
- UV protection. The sun not only causes the temperature to rise. Its rays can cause gradual fading of wall colors or objects in the home or company headquarters. A vertical awning will prevent this.
- Ensuring intimacy. The lowered awning will not block the natural light and visibility outside, but will prevent the interior from being visible from the outside.
- Insect protection.The vertical awning ensures that despite open windows, no bothersome insects can get into the rooms.
Vertical window awnings w sklepie internetowym Knall
The Knall store offersvertical awningsFAKRO in two systemsVMZ and VMB. The systems differ in that VMB has a movable swivel beam. Thanks to it, after opening the awning, we can tilt its bottom part and have free access to the window sill. The VMZ system is controlled manually, electrically or electrically with solar drive. VMB system only electrically or electrically with solar drive.
Both systems are made of special PVC-coated glass fiber fabric. The fabric is rolled up on a roller with a motor and placed in a cassette of aluminum profiles. A zip tape that is embedded in the edges of the fabric guarantees its tension between the guides and prevents it from falling out of the guides. This combination makes the fabric is resistant to strong wind gusts - up to 120 km/h (side wind up to 220 km/h).